Monday, April 26, 2010

LolaRuns and the "Newton Running: A Love Story" blog

In the wee hours of April 20, 2010, after a lengthy and emotional telephone conversation, LolaRuns and BoyGenius gave up.

Approximately ten hours later, at noon, LolaRuns received an email from BoyGenius that began with:

“Well, I couldn’t write something this sad and poetic if I tried. Was poking around the Newton web site this morning and guess what I came across? An excerpt about us posted on the Newton running BLOG! With links to your “secret” BLOG, meaning that since last November, your BLOG was probably read by a decent amount of people. You can check it out at the link that I have provided below. Of course when I clicked the link to see if it really went to your blog, I found out that you have deleted your blog, I am assuming since I found it last week…”

http://www.therunningfront.com/testimonials/newton-running-a-love-story/

LolaRuns agrees that it was indeed sad and poetic for BoyGenius to stumble upon the Newton Running blog, on the day of the breakup.

The Newton blog entry, titled “Newton Running: A Love Story”, begins with:

"We stumbled upon this fun story of a budding (?) relationship from blogger Lola Runs, who is chronicling her adventures in the world of online dating on her blog. LolaRuns’s second date with ‘BoyGenius’ turns into a discussion of natural running form and Newton Running shoes. Will true love ensue?"

And how does the Newton blog entry end?

"Read the rest of LolaRuns’s post here. I don’t know about you, but I’m sure rooting for BoyGenius!"

LolaRuns was rooting for BoyGenius too and is still heartbroken that it is over. But as Charlotte York says:

"Everything happens for a reason. Even if you don't know what it is yet."

Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment